9.30.2006

So...

The news is that I found a job contract, and I'm leaving for a year to teach English. This is maybe not a big deal to some, for whom migration and travels are not a big deal. For me it feels like a big deal, probably because I have no idea what the future holds, and such things are always bigger and scarier when you dream them. But it's a good feeling, to be terrified... I wouldn't know. I'm only anxious at this point, and excited. The terror will probably happen before my first day in front of a class of children.

You can be there, to catch that feeling...

Alivewithpleasure. is going to continue to be a purely political, impersonal blog. Its irregular schedule will continue. I'm going to start another journal online to post pictures, daily minutae, and other stuff that will probably interest immediate friends and family but not the anarchoblogs community as a whole.

Another issue: at this point, I'm fairly certain that alivewithpleausure has been anonymous. The 'other' blog will certainly not be anonymous. So I'm a little hesitant to name it here. Probably nobody gives a shit. I haven't taken any steps to conceal my computer's IP address. I haven't gotten any hateful comments in a long time, and any security agency worth its largesse probably already knows that I pose no threat. But still...

That's partly why I haven't posted my band's webspace here.

Anyhoo, feel free to drop me a comment if you think i should just link the blog from here. If I know your email address, I'll be sending it anyways.

stay tuned, more to come very soon...

2 Comments:

At 3:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh mein gott, ven ist dist happening? -krystal

 
At 7:28 p.m., Blogger eric said...

not quite sure yet, sometime in mid-October. They should have received my visa documents today, and started the next stage of teh process.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home