10.09.2005

special treats for such good kids..!

Hey.
So there hasn't been an update, due to: A. Me being in a forest. B. Me, out of the forest, now in school. C. I dunno, um... Me, eating... uh, yogurt.
I have a 500-word polemic on protests, sitting on some server in blawger-land, just waiting for another 500 words to join the fun and complete it. Someday soon, you will see it in front of your eyes.
In the meantime.
Read about this. It's fucking awesome. Via Beyond Brilliance, Beyond Stupidity.

Music: This Is Not Hardcore. I'm not sure what it is, but it is stupendous. Mt. Gigantic. It's a band I don't know anything about. Listening to the CD, I get the impression that there are like a thousand people in the band, playing with thrift store keyboards, acoustic guitars, tambourines, lotsa singing, animal costumes. Definitely animal costumes.
The entire album can be found here. My favourite song is at the bottom, called "bring back the healthy."
Positives: wicked-ass indie rock songs held down by tight drumming.
Negatives: some dude has a nasty falsetto. (Part of its indie Made-this-in-my-bedroom cred) Also, I really hated the slow parts when I first listened. Now I don't mind them.
Ghost Mice: Guys, seriously. Go here.
Ghost mice are an acoustic punk duo of greatness. They use no amplification, and tour on freight trains. Listening to "Lost City" brings tears of joy to my eyes. The audio is recorded from a live show, and it feels like you are listening in on a long-distance phone call from a beloved friend. So the audio quality ain't the best, but you will not care. Ghost Mice are also here. Fuck yeah Ghost Mice! I don't think I have anything else to add. Tears of joy... joy! And I'm usually such a frowny grumbly fellow.

2 Comments:

At 9:39 p.m., Blogger eric said...

also, now there is word verification to fuck up the spammers. I am sorry we live in a capitalist world everybody. I wish spammers would send me more schizophrenic treatises on gay Jesus. Instead I get fucking computers telling me to start my own business selling wholesale electronics or some dumb shit.
I think spam like that is how computers reproduce. You click the link, ten days later six guys wrestle you into a dark van to work in a secret electronics sweatshop making computers that send spam. The six dudes in the van get paid in dog food, electronically ordered off of ebay. It's like the birds and the bees.

 
At 1:50 p.m., Blogger Robert said...

quickly scanned the article on the green utopia...it looks awesome at a glance...so exciting...will print it up later after work and have a closer read

 

Post a Comment

<< Home